Smooth, creamy and full of flavour and colour, this recipe for pumpkin pie cheesecake bars with a gingersnap crust is perfect for Fall.
Yes, I did in fact post a pumpkin recipe last week (these Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Cupcakes). And yes, here is another pumpkin recipe this week. If there’s a point you’re trying to make, I’m not sure I’m getting it. Can’t stop, won’t stop. Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin. I know that’s all you’re seeing and all you’re reading about, but there’s a perfectly rational explanation for the obsession with this round orange root vegetable that seems to be stuffed into everything this time of year. Repeat after me, pumpkin is delicious.
I’m pretty particular when it comes to my pumpkin flavour preferences. Too much and the taste is artificial, not enough and you’re left wanting more. These pumpkin pie cheesecake bars hit that perfect note of sweet pumpkin flavour spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. The cheesecake layer is smooth and creamy, full of flavour and colour, and a crunchy gingersnap crust brings it all together. It’s hard to improve on pumpkin pie, but these are a wonderful alternative. Drizzle with caramel or top with whipped cream, and you’ve got yourself a nice little Thanksgiving flavoured bite.
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Bars
- 1 and 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- pinch salt
- 2 packages brick cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch each of ground cloves and nutmeg
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine gingersnap crumbs, sugar, melted butter and salt and press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes, set aside to cool.
- While the crust is cooling, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time.
- Gently fold in the pumpkin puree and spices, mixing until well combined.
- Pour over the gingersnap crust. Bake 30 – 35 minutes until middle is just set.
- Allow to cool slightly. Transfer to the fridge to set, at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.