Fluffy cinnamon rolls with sweet eggnog cream cheese frosting – a fun and festive twist on everyone’s favourite sticky treat.
It’s baaaaack! Yes, eggnog has made it’s sneaky little seasonal cameo once again. So naturally, I’m going to consume liters and liters of the stuff before it disappears again. It’s really the only sensible thing to do. And of course, stuff it into as many different kinds of baked goods as logic allows. Starting with these cinnamon rolls.
Eggnog is in the dough and the frosting, so if you’re not an eggnog kind of person, maybe just leave now before things start really getting crazy. And speaking of crazy, one of these years I’m going to try my hand at making my own eggnog. Until then, there’s the pre-made stuff. Look at that cute little snowman carton, pretty much reason alone to buy it.
These are my super easy version of cinnamon rolls – no pesky yeast and long rising times required! No waking up early to get them ready!
I’m not quite ready to start thinking about the “C-h” word yet, but yes, these would make a great Christmas morning treat!
These are pretty much the perfect cinnamon buns for my life at the moment. I always make time for baking – always. It’s my happy place. But I’ve got a little less time for it than usual, so I needed to dip into my stash of easy and quick recipes. This is one of my favourites, so I hope you enjoy it! Why am I so busy, you ask? Just getting ready for our trip to Mexico!
Nothing major, just our WEDDING!!!
We’ll be surrounded by our closest loved ones, toes in the sand, drinks in hand, as the sun sets around us.
But don’t get me going on and on about my wedding…. let’s talk eggnong cinnamon rolls! I think I’ll just let the pictures below speak for themselves.
Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cups self raising flour (for all purpose flour sub. in 3 tbsp baking powder for 3 tbsp of the flour)
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4-5 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400º. Grease a square baking pan generously.
- Sift flour and salt (and baking powder if required) into a large bowl. Cut in the butter, using your fingers until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Make a well in the center and add in the eggnog. Using a spatula, mix until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, knead 3 – 4 times, and roll out.
- For the filling, beat the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until smooth and fluffy. Spread evenly over the dough, then roll up and cut into slices.
- Cook 12-15 minutes, until golden. Cool.
- While the cinnamon rolls are cooling, prepare your frosting. Beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually sift in the powdered sugar, mixing well. Whisk in the eggnog one tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency. Spread the cinnamon rolls generously with the frosting, licking fingers often. Enjoy!