Homemade lemon curd is actually not too scary to make, and so much tastier and tangier than the store-bought version. This lemon curd is the perfect filling for my White Chocolate and Lemon Curd Cake.
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yoks
- zest of 2 lemons
- Bring a medium pot of water to a small simmer.
- Place a stainless steel bowl in the top of the pot (choose one that will fit nicely in the top of the pot without touching the water).
- Place all the ingredients except the butter into the steel bowl and whisk constantly until slightly thickened. (About 2 – 5 minutes, it should just coat the back of the spoon).
- Take the bowl off the pot and stir in the butter until completely melted.
- Cool for an hour or two, then transfer curd to a sealable container and refrigerate until completely thickened. Usually overnight is best, although it should be ready after a few hours.
Spread on cakes, scones, and muffins. Eat by the spoonful. Package in a pretty jar with a ribbon and give away as a gift.